Satoru Ozawa, L.Ac, ATC
Satoru is a national board-certified Acupuncturist of Oriental Medicine recognized by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and a Licensed Acupuncturist in Texas (Lic. #AC02056). Satoru earned his BS in Athletic Training from the University of Alabama and his Masters in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine. Satoru is also a Certified Athletic Trainer through the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers (BOC #2000004343) and a master of Acu-Zone Therapist under Dr. Nakano.
Satoru was born and raised in Japan and came to the US when he was 19. He began studying Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2011 after experiencing working at Appalachian State University as an athletic trainer. After a long journey to finally find a modality to heal chronic pain, including acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diet changes, targeted exercises, and mind-body awareness, Satoru felt the need to push his learning further and strive to help others.
In 2015, Satoru received a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine. Oriental medicine strives to use the most appropriate therapies and concepts from traditional and modern medicine to treat patients as effectively and safely as possible. He has also completed additional training on Acu-Zone Therapy with renowned clinician Dr. Nakano in New Mexico.
Satoru is a Japanese native and fluent in English. He is also learning Spanish as his third language.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Acupuncturist by the Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners (Lic #AC02056)
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine by New Mexico Acupuncture Board (#1236)
- Licensed Acupuncturist by California Acupuncture Board (#16788)
- Diplomate of Traditional Oriental Medicine from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, CA
- Trained in Acu-Zone Therapy with Dr. Nakano
- Certified Athletic Trainer (#2000004343)
- The co-founder of YourKampo, the Online Chinese Herb Prescription Service. YourKampo.com